Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 28, 2019 12:36 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 193258673 series 1305258
Welcome back, Fitlandians! We’re excited to welcome Ty Manegold of Roam Fitness to the show today as part of our continuing journey of creating healthy holidays for all! Roam Fitness is a brand of post-security airport gyms that help to change that dreaded, stressful experience of traveling into a positive, refreshing one.
Ty says, “We believe travel days don’t mean compromising your health and we’re doing that by putting fully equipped gyms behind security for passengers to be able to stay fit while traveling.”
So, How Does It Work?
Roam Fitness currently has one location in the Baltimore Washington International (BWI) Airport and is working to expand across the country and globe. Ty explains that all future locations will resemble what they currently have at BWI offering a full gym with daily, monthly and yearly passes. Membership includes full access to the facility and a complementary clothing rental program through Lulu Lemon athletic wear and Brooks running shoes. If a member chooses to workout in their own clothes, the gym staff will vacuum seal your wears so it doesn’t co-mingle with their clean clothes. Roam Fitness really has everything covered!
Ty's Tips on Staying Healthy While Traveling
- Be prepared ahead of time. Showing up to the airport with plenty of time to spare eliminates added stress.
- Stay hydrated. Flying is a big dehydrator with added stress and anxiety.
- Bring your own food and snacks. This helps tide you over until you can find a healthy meal option. Ty encourages people to head to the airport information booth and ask them where to find the best healthy meal as an alternative to all the fried, fatty food options.
- Eat small. Ty explains he likes to snack or eat small meals while he’s traveling so he doesn’t make a rash decision out of extreme hunger or tiredness and grab something convenient and unhealthy that will fire up his brain’s reward center.
- Grocery shop. Just like Christa, Ty likes to stop by a supermarket upon arrival and stock up on veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds.
Christa’s Challenge: The next time you’re traveling, order a soda water with a splash of your favorite juice to enhance the flavor instead of changing into party mode and going for a cocktail.
- Christa likes to mix a little raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with soda water, which has numerous health benefits but also gives your gut the same warm feeling as an alcoholic drink.
- Ty chooses soda water with bitters. He explains that it has the same flavor profile without the dehydration and doesn’t encourage a “spiral” that doesn’t align with your health goals.
Make sure you head over to iTunes or Stitcher, give us a rocking review and tell us how you succeeded in accomplishing our challenge of ‘ditching the booze’ while traveling on your last trip or during the last holiday! We want to hear what you drank as an alternative to alcohol, how you felt after your flight and any other comments or tips you have!
To stay connected with Roam Fitness, check out their website and keep your eyes pealed for future locations coming near you. If you’d like to speed up the process of getting a location in your home airport, give them a call and request it so they can know how to better serve their passengers. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Roam Fitness will be the reason you never have to stress or put your health to the side while traveling again.Subscribe to the show today a review on iTunes and leave us a rating and review telling us what you LOVED about today's show.