Q&A: Optimizing Protein On TMAD, Eating 10 Eggs A Day!; Ideal Sprinting Work:Rest Ratio; Best Time Of Day To Train; Cold Plunge - How Often?
Manage episode 377701761 series 2421902
Welcome to another Q&A show!
In today’s episode, we hear from a listener who wants to know if they can get enough protein to build muscle when eating only two meals a day, talk about fiber and constipation, healing plantar fasciitis, and the ideal effort to rest ratio when sprinting. I also answer questions about my morning exercise routine, timing workouts with your circadian rhythm and what the best time to train is, and what I’m eating these days.
Finally, I answer a few questions about cold plunges and advise a high school track and cross-country coach on how to integrate ancestral principles into his coaching method. Thanks for listening and please do continue to send in your thoughtful questions and comments—they are always so insightful and helpful to hear.
Jenny asks: Can you get enough protein when following the Two Meals a Day pattern? [04:00]
Recommended Daily Allowance or RDA is recommended for survival, NOT peak performance. A good way of figuring out is to consume a gram of protein per pound of your ideal body weight. [09:08]
John asks: How do you minimize fiber and not get constipated? [14:07]
Ellen writes how she helped her plantar fasciitis by using Brad’s YouTube about stretching. [18:55]
Limiting your high intensity sprint efforts to a maximum of 20 seconds, and then taking an extensive recovery is recommended. [20:59]
How does one’s circadian rhythm affect exercise? The best time to exercise is when you prefer to exercise. [24:47]
Mike is asking five questions regarding Brad’s morning exercise routine. How does Brad recover after his morning routine and what does Brad eat? [27:25]
Brendan is a high school track and cross-country coach. He wants to know how he can integrate the ancestral health principles into his coaching method. [43:25]
Douglas wants to know how often and when does Brad do his cold plunge and for how long? Another question is about comparing the diet his doctor recommends and the science behind what Brad talks about. Nutrient deficient, toxic processed foods are the drivers of heart disease, not red meat, dairy and saturated fats. [48:38]
Find a health care provider who is well-versed in nutritional science. Some medical schools fall short in offering current information. [58:38]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- B.rad Whey Protein Isolate Superfuel (Now Available in Cocoa Bean)
- Two Meals a Day
- Podcast with Stan Effording
- Fiber Menace
- Plantar Fasciitis video
- Circadian Rhythm podcast
- Brad Kearns’s Morning Routine
- Brad’s Shorter Original Morning Routine
- Podcast with Doug McGuff
- CAROL bikes
- Brad’s Morning Routine Course
- Unfrozen Caveman Runner
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick
- The Hacking of the American Mind
- Dr. Anna Lembke podcast
- The Framingham Study
- The Primal Blueprint
- Keto Reset Diet
- Keto for Life
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to email@example.com. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, I won’t promote anything that I don't absolutely love and use in daily life:
- Peluva: Comfortable, functional, stylish five-toe minimalist shoe to reawaken optimal foot function.
- Mito Red Light: Photobiomodulation light panels to enhance cellular energy production, improve recovery, and optimize circadian rhythm. Use code BRAD for 5% discount!
- Plunge: Sensational custom-designed home cold plunge with filtered, circulating water, custom temperature setting, and sleek design. Save $150 with code BRAD. Also enroll in my Cold Plunge online course!
- B.rad Whey + Creatine Superfuel: Premium quality, all-natural supplement for peak performance, recovery, and longevity. New Cocoa Bean flavor!
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, macadamia nut butter blend
- Online educational courses: Numerous great offerings for an immersive home-study educational experience
- Primal Fitness Expert Certification: The most comprehensive online course on all aspects of traditional fitness programming and a total immersion fitness lifestyle. Save 25% on tuition with code BRAD!
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
I have a newly organized shopping experience at BradKearns.com/Shop. Visit here and you can navigate to my B.rad Nutrition products (for direct order or Amazon order), my library of online multimedia educational courses, great discounts from my affiliate favorites, and my recommended health&fitness products on Amazon.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.